In this episode, Mexie talks with former Lush Cosmetics employee, Hannah, about the company’s gross union-busting tactics and why she and others formed the Global Lush Union. As the mainstream vegan movement continues to focus itself on consumption under capitalism, it’s no wonder that vegan brands are replicating the same kind of colonizing and inequality-producing tendencies of capitalism itself.
Sources and Links
- Global Lush Union: https://globallushunion.com/
- Global Lush Union Petition: https://globallushunion.com/our-petition-1
- How Lush Cosmetics Tried to Crush a Union Drive: https://www.vice.com/en/article/pkd77m/how-lush-cosmetics-tried-to-crush-a-union-drive
- Lush Cosmetics’ employees say the company leadership is trying to quash their attempt to unionize — despite supporting unions at other companies: https://www.businessinsider.com/lush-leadership-rejects-union-despite-supporting-them-for-other-brands-2020-12
- Help No Evil Foods workers: https://www.moevilfoods.com/
Support the Show